Tuesday, December 12

Guest Perspective: Year in Music 2006

My readers (you six know who you are) are integral to the "success" of Crackle & Pop. Comments are always appreciated, and the ensuing conversations are most welcome, but occasionally there is something greater than a comment you wish to share, and in that spirit I bring you the first Guest Perspective post.

This commentary comes from my sister Melissa. I asked for her thoughts on the year in music because her perspective is so different from my own. Where I miss the sounds of the forest by listening for the falling of the trees, she has her ears open as she walks leisurely through the woods (and yes, this may be the most tortured metaphor you encounter this week). Hopefully you get the idea, so enough blathering from me.

Melissa's Year in Music 2006

Stupid Music Tricks

- Alice in Chains tries to replace Layne Staley.

- It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp wins an academy award.

- Bon Jovi records a country song and it's successful.

- Taylor Hicks wins American Idol.

- Paris Hilton releases an album.

- Rockstar Supernova.



I'm Bored with You

- Janet Jackson - I don't care how flat your stomach is.

- Fergie - ewwwwwww you are nasty.

- Weird Al - seriously? People still find this amusing?

- My Chemical Romance - black Sergeant Pepper outfits don't make you
cool, they make you look stupid and vapid and ridiculous.

- James Blunt - you're WHINING, not beautiful.

- The Fray - ARGH. Shut up. I would like Grey's Anatomy so much better
without you.



Things that Make Me Happy

- Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera

- KT Tunstall, Eye to the Telescope

- Snow Patrol, Chasing Cars

- Gnarls Barkley, Crazy

- Def Leppard's Greatest Hits - Bought on CD since I no longer have a
tape player in my car. I am driving and singing, once again.

- Barenaked Ladies release their album on a flash drive. Very cool guys!

- Gwen Stefani, Wind it Up - I like the yodeling, so there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in other words, folks, I'm simple. I listen to top 40 radio sometimes, or I would if we had such a thing here in the damned bible belt....but that's another whole topic....

I like to think of myself as more music savvy than many, but not as savvy as our captain, EZ Snappin!